SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

At this point, I have taken this about as far as I think may be useful. I readily admit that this version is very iteosyncratic reflecting the fact that it was developed solely with my preferences in mind.

I want to say that there are elements of this design which Bob councilled me against. The mainsheet system is more complex than Bob had recommended and the head runs a bit against Bob's advise as well. In both cases I understood where Bob was coming from, but in the case of the mainsheet, it reflects my bad shoulders and sailing style, while the head change is simply about me wanting a little more floor space in the shower......

But also, wanted the design to address my thoughts from the earlier Blue Jacket 40 thread. If any of you read my comments on that thread, I was very disappointed in the design of 'Blue Jacket 40' that Island Packet is building as a 'modern performance cruiser'. I saw this as an opportunity to explain what I would do differently than BJ 40.

On the other hand the Blue Jacket is aimed at a broader audience than my version below, which is narrowly focused on my own personal tastes. Now if only I enough cash laying around, If only....

But perhaps it might make sense to look at one final iteration, a version which is less iteosyncratic and so more aimed at being a production design.

In any event here is the full set of drawings as they stand for 'My Version':

Deck Plan

I would really like to once again thank Bob Perry for all his help with this. Without his help this thread would not have been as complete and the design evolution gotten this far.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook