SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

I'd like to thank you both for these efforts.. it's been a treat watching the process..

Glad you went for the double spreaders!

Now for the nitpicking:

Make mine fixed keel, please, no need for the lift (draft or complication wise)

On the aesthetics side, love the way you retained the essential 'look' on the hull; the whole concept of a traditional, beautiful old style 'yacht' with a high performance underbody lurking unseen below appeals to me greatly. My only change, I think, would be to not use the ramped front of the coachhouse.. I think the 'look' would be further preserved with a more truncated cabinfront, perhaps along the lines of a Niagara 35.

She's lovely as she is, but I think the whole 'illusion' would be more complete that way. Just my opinion, of course. Hey - we could 'paint' a gaff on the main so that from a distance she'd look like a gaff and tops'l rig.... (Kidding!!)

Anyhow, as I've said before, someone needs to build this one...

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook