SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Jeff,

Is the head shower an all in one? Of course, now one is getting into personal opinions.......At that length, I would try to seperate them if possible as Jeanneau has done to a few in the 35-40' range. Gives one to a degree a wet locker/shower all in one, yet does not hinder one from using the most important part of a head area!

I would also go with faster, that a fixed would be best here. BUT, being as there are a few channels locally that do get rather shallow at times. a dagger board as drawn might be nice. Especially for places like Fishermans bay on lopez, where the draft is 5' at a zero tide, I max sread I recall seeing is -2.4 to just over 9'. One can get in with a 7.5' draft, but depending upon where one moors at the resort if you moor there, you WILL be hitting bottom as a few folks did 3 yrs ago with C420mkII's and the deep draft option. I was close with 5.6' of draft at the lowest of low tides! But that 2.5' at LOW tide, not too many are getting in and out of that place!

Marty