SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
post #608 of Old 06-13-2013
blt2ski

Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Jeff,

Is the head shower an all in one? Of course, now one is getting into personal opinions.......At that length, I would try to seperate them if possible as Jeanneau has done to a few in the 35-40' range. Gives one to a degree a wet locker/shower all in one, yet does not hinder one from using the most important part of a head area!

I would also go with faster, that a fixed would be best here. BUT, being as there are a few channels locally that do get rather shallow at times. a dagger board as drawn might be nice. Especially for places like Fishermans bay on lopez, where the draft is 5' at a zero tide, I max sread I recall seeing is -2.4 to just over 9'. One can get in with a 7.5' draft, but depending upon where one moors at the resort if you moor there, you WILL be hitting bottom as a few folks did 3 yrs ago with C420mkII's and the deep draft option. I was close with 5.6' of draft at the lowest of low tides! But that 2.5' at LOW tide, not too many are getting in and out of that place!

Marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome