SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best 4th of July Fiireworks in the Salish Sea?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Best 4th of July Fiireworks in the Salish Sea?

Going down to Paulsbo WA for the 3rd of July (and staying for the 4th) fireworks has become a bit of a tradition on S/V Fairhaven. We have our good friends that we've picked up in Seattle and gone over for the show for 4 or 5 years now.

This year we were planning to do the same, but after looking at the calendar and length we realised that our longest trip this year would totally be dictated by the calendar (the most dangerous item on a sailboat) if we do the same thing this year.

We've crossed the straights in a building gale and motored for 12+ hours before to make this trip happen but this year, with a 10month old kid in tow we're looking for something easier. Something closer to our home port of Anacortes WA.

Where else puts on a good 4th of July fireworks display in our area? Whidbey island? San Juans? Where is the best show?

Also, any Sailnetters planning on showing up to any of the shows up north?

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook