SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Marty,

I agree with you and Ron entirely that the lifting keel is excessive for most folks. But here on the East Coast, without the lifting keel there are a lot of places you just cannot go. I was amazed at the places that I can no longer get into when I shifted from my prior boat at 5'-6" to my current boat at 6'-4". On the other hand, my current boat's much greater speed puts a whole lot of new anchorages with reach for a weekend so its probably a wash. Still and all, I hated that I could not get out of the Mill Creek channel saturday morning on Memorial Day weekend since the tide was so far below normal. The lift keel would have made all the difference.

I do not know how Wolf's cabin is actually laid out. Here is the accommodations plan that Atkin's designed for the Captain Cicero.

The forward face of the cabin trunk was something that I too wrestled with. Here are three versions. The original wedge version, a version which is the square faced trunk version, and one that I will call an ode to Robert G. Henry Jr., who drew some extremely beautiful cabin trunks back in the 40's through 60's. I would be tempted to do something like the Robert Henry house, but I think the nearly plumb front looks like an anacrhonism with the rest of the boat.....

I also had put together a sheet which compared the hull forms a little...This shows the mid-ship sections and the Drawn Waterlines for the three designs.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook