SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Pictures of your boat

48K views 189 replies 116 participants last post by  TAK 
#1 ·
I have been a member for a few months. I am also a member of other forums for different hobbies. In most, if not all of those other forums, there seems to be a thread where people post pictures of their "items". In other words, they would be posting pictures of their boat if it was in this forum. I find it incredibly odd and perplexing that in this forum, with so many passionate people about their boats, that there isn't such a thread where people post pictures of their particular boat.

Is there such a thing and I just simply missed it???

#104 ·
Beautiful pictures and a beautifully kept boat.. for some strange reason I often can't 'see' your pics, Jon, using Firefox.. I can see them on Safari. Pretty well every other posters' images are no problem...:confused:

#110 ·
My hull used to be a classic 1970's royal blue (a standard color choice for the P35). When I painted it dark blue, a guy in the boatyard said something to me that I thought was funny. He said, "You can try to erase as much of the 70's as you can. But that doesn't mean it didn't exist."

#114 ·
Did someone say UNDERSIDE?

Oh and I love this shot the RC took of us 2 races ago... Yeah Yeah Yeah I know, geoa is stuck on the stanchion (we just tacked didn't bother to fix it, were close to the line so it didn't matter)...

Winds were 0 when we started... and finished with about 12mph winds.

#115 ·
Barreling into Admiralty Bay, Bequia in Christmas winds. Luckily for us the local pro photog was out, too.
Nikki checks out the crazy guy out HERE in an inflatable and realizes he's taking pics.
A better X-Mas present there never was.

Attachments

Reactions: SHNOOL
#117 ·
As others have said: it's hard to get a good image of yourself under sail.

#118 ·
Right. There's clearly nowhere near enough orange in this thread.
Tangerine (old boat, sold, love her, still miss her):

Yes I know, a reef in and no apparent sign of any wind - scared Admiral meant reef at 8kts of wind.

Orange Crush (new boat, learning to love her, lots of work still to do and no on-the-water shots yet):

#121 ·
Just wow, the pictures, the boats, the amount of work all of you have done... Just amazing. There is a reason that not a single film can be taken of open water without sailboats on it. They are just a sight to behold. These pictures represent some of the finest boats made, well loved, and taken care of. It's very easy to see all of you love your boats, and have kept them in pristine condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.