SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

I like Jeff's version. It doesn't look as traditional to have the sloped cabin front, but it's a good use of space (nicer than bumping your head on an interior step) and makes for a comfortable place to lie down on the foredeck.

I also like his interior, though I think I'd rather merge the v-berth cabin into the area between the two forward bulkheads (basically dropping the forward most bulkhead). I also like having a bit more headroom at the head end of the V-berth so you don't knock yourself there. I wonder if sliding the V-berth back 6 inches could provide that, make it more comfortable for two adults and leave room for a chain locker up front?

I like aft heads and transom hung rudders.

I'd prefer that one of the two fuel tanks be a lot smaller (like 4 to 6 gallons). Most of the year I'm just day sailing (once or twice a week) and it takes me 6 months or longer to go through a 14 gallon tank of fuel. I like to keep my fuel tank full to reduce algae growth, but that means that I keep a lot of stale fuel around.

Let me know when I can buy one! It's got the best of what I like about my Pearson 28-2 with some smart improvements and the more traditional look that I prefer.