SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

funny how one sees different perspectives on things.....with idea's like this.

Wolf would widen the cabin taking some of the side deck away. he cruises. I race a bit, I would narrow the cabin so I had that extra 2-4" of side deck for rail meat! Inside space while important, not as much for me as him in some senses.

The dagger board.....again, I can see why in some area's of the world, others like here, not as much. If I were to build and potentially take this boat around the world lets say, I would get the dagger board just so I could potentially deal with a shoal area a bit better! Even here, I could see it working to a point. But fixed probably being a bunch cheaper to build......

The cabin trunk, I would go with the the longer slope, again, when one is running up and down the foredeck a longer slope seems to be better than a step/straight up front. It does have a nice look to a degree too.

As noted, one is looking at this from a "my" perspective, not Jeff's as this boat was drawn for. Mine would be a bit different I am sure.

Marty