SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interested in liveaboard vessels. Advice?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013

elspru is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Interested in liveaboard vessels. Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
What a great summary! May I quote you?

sure thing, all my content is creative commons, attribution, share-alike. Creative Commons ? Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported ? CC BY-SA 3.0

oh and btw, I'm actually a little offended by the derogatory use of camping. Personally I actually prefer camping over living at home, the scenery, fresh air, stars, nature is all way more worthwhile than cars/roads/buildings to me. Also I love swimming in cold lakes just as much as warm ones.
cooking on a fire, and really everything else that comes with it.
Even at home, in this apartment we have, am sleeping on the floor on a camping mat, as I find mattresses too soft and uncomfortable.

Though ya, I'm aware that females in particular have er higher standards for comfort, indeed likely due to being more sensitive -- is why we're likely going to have a hot shower on the boat for my wife. I guess for me the only thing I don't like about the camping experience is the bug bites, and being near the water where it's windy is the best way to avoid them, so naturally a sailboat is the best solution.
Internet also, though ya, guess I don't really miss it when I'm camping. Am kinda looking forward to having slower internet, as we'd be able to watch fewer "shows".
Though am certainly planning on getting data/satellite internet on the boat,
at least for email and occasional forum use.

Last edited by elspru; 06-14-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook