SailNet Community - View Single Post - Motor vs Rowing inflatable dinghy...
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013

shadowraiths is on a distinguished road
Re: Motor vs Rowing inflatable dinghy...

I really like the SF bay area. While rowing around, to my dismay, most of the docks are private. So, I've been making contact with the managers to see if I can dock my dinghy during my exploring trips. For example, going to starbucks via my dinghy, as opposed to walking to one down the street, appeals to me. Or, stopping by the little german restaurant across from coast guard island on my way home as opposed to walking to a local deli.

Oh, btw, speaking of coast guard island. Almost every time I'm out, I run into (figure of speech) a couple of coast guard zodiac (?) boats zipping around. Anyway, today, they passed very close, and much to my surprise? They had huge freaking machine guns mounted on the bow. o.O

Btw, and back to the subject. I should have mentioned... I am looking at picking up a small sailboat (laser, open bic, rs tera, or something similar) as well. As I really want to get out and learn how to sail. lol. The dinghy is really my puttering around explorer and exercise boat and the sailboat will be my learning how to sail and getting plenty wet boat. lol.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook