SailNet Community - View Single Post - Insane?
Thread: Insane?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013

TomMaine is on a distinguished road
Re: Insane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocdoc22 View Post
Thank you all so much. Of course, I was looking for some validation and support on pulling the trigger and I am convinced it is very doable. More importantly, my wife is supportive and wants to move ahead.Downside, is I may have to wait until next year due to our crazy busy summer.

We have sailed last year on a Hunter 33, and both of us feel that we want more space. It was a nice boat, just not a good fit for us. We will be basing the boat in Rhode Island for access to our favorite summer locations, Block Island, Martha's and Nantucket.

Some of the comments received were enlightening, particularly how the sailing part was easy- but be prepared to be a mechanic, plumber etc. I appreciate all comments and critiques and look forward to moving ahead.

Thank you all!
It sounds like you're ready for that size boat and the sailing you have in mind. Sailing a bigger boat can be easier. Just be extra cautious of weather conditions.

Many boat owners have their yards do the bulk(or all) of their maintenance. Probably a good idea especially to start.

I think the most important are the people and their attitudes, first.

'I'd have written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time', Mark Twain.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook