SailNet Community - View Single Post - So. CA and Live aboards
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Well, don't know the exact rules, but the rule of thumb at DP and I think many others is, liveaboards are limited to 10% of the overall slips and it must be 36' or above, which has a 6-20 yr waiting list depending on size, also DP has started a major over haul that will go on over the next 20yrs with plans to eliminate 500+ slip and reconfigure the rest.

I too am on the list at DP ( I have one now ) for a larger slip with intention to liveaboard, right now we're spending a lot of time on a boat under 30' for durations from 3 day to as long as 10 days with little, if anything is said.

We also have a new 45 footer in Harbor Island, but HI is a bitch to get too and sail out of compared to DP or Oceanside, but we're kinda stuck there for now and once out of the harbor, it don't really matter anyhow, Oceanside is a neat little harbor, but it's got the same problem as the rest, long waiting list, however their slip are transferable if ya buy a boat from someone there.

That probably did help ya a damn bit, but that's what I know......
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook