SailNet Community - View Single Post - First time chartering in BVI flotilla with kids
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013

cranki is on a distinguished road
Re: First time chartering in BVI flotilla with kids

I've charted a few times in the BVI's. First time was on my honeymoon and we chartered from Bitter End on Virgin Gorda and then stayed i a beach front villa room for 5 days after the charter. Great place, tons of stuff for the kids to do and plenty of good snorkeling right nearby.

The second time I chartered down there my son was 11 and we went with another family with a 10 and 11 year old, all boys. We rented a couple of sit on top kayaks that did get a lot of use and we snorkeled everywhere we stopped. This charter was form Moorings.

Regarding snorkeling gear - we brought our own masks and snorkels and used their fins, but the snorkels and masks they have are fine so no need unless you like having your own, which I do.

Rented fishing gear but never caught anything.

Provisioned with Bobby's but will go to store and pick out my own food nest time, though ordering is easier and making a trip to the store after traveling all the way from san fran and getting stowed etc may not be worth the extra effort.

Flotilla may be good for the kids to have other kids to socialize with and should be fun for all.

You should have a great time... perfect family vacation!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook