SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for info on replacing the water tank on a t30
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013

Patina is on a distinguished road
Re: looking for info on replacing the water tank on a t30

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahamx View Post
Not totally sure I was just looking for info. I have not bought the boat yet but probably will pending a good survey in two days. the owners said in add that it needs water system. Now I think all it needs is a repair or liner/membrane. Thands for your reply.
I can tell you that on my T-30 ('77), replacing the water lines is relatively doable, and I've done it. What is more difficult is replacing the tank. There are two versions of the T-30, one with the galley midship and the other has the galley aft on the starboard side. My T-30 is the aft galley model with the water tank under the starboard settee, just ahead of the the galley. I dont know where the water tank is for the mid galley version. The water tank was installed in the hull prior to the inner interior liner being installed, so removing the tank would require a lot of cutting to get it out. These tanks have plastic fittings that can freeze and leak if not properly winterized. Replacing the forward fitting on my tank fixed the leak. The tank on my T-30 is poly, not metal.

I'm no Tartan expert, but I have learned a lot about my T-30. Shoot me a note if I can help.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook