SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeff H, THe Perfect Boat
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Giulietta-

LOL... Jeff's massive brain has been known to affect weaker minds... the weaker the mind the greater the distance he can do it from... I think that might explain things a bit. It might also explain the slight differences between his concept and your execution. However, I doubt that he would have named his boat Giulietta... not being married to the lady.

Actually, the beautiful boat you have is very nice... but would get clobbered in the waters I sail in...as the draft is far too much... and it would run aground in many areas I go. The Perfect Boat is really determined by where you sail and what kind of sailing you want to do.

Jones2r-

IIRC, if the shape of the hull has a very narrow bow, then a plumb bow will cause problems due to the lack of reserve buoyancy in heavy seas. However, a boat shape that has the beam starting fairly far forward shouldn't have those issues. Long overhangs, while they can look very graceful, can also present some serious problems when it comes to heavy weather handling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 01-17-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook