SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing 3 miles off shore and Thunderstorm moves in from the east. What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013
Advocate777

Advocate777 is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailing 3 miles off shore and Thunderstorm moves in from the east. What do you do

Thanks for all the actual sailing advice. It is very good. I need to remember that brief thunderstorms moving through downy always kick up big waves the way an extended blow would on a long fetch.
As for the Cow jokes... As Bob Hope sang "thanks for the mammaries"
(Bad joke but as close to a 'cow' and 'milk' that I could come up with)

Bottom line: I appreciate the sailing feedback- I guess I just need to go through a few so I can scratch them off my 'scared of it- run to the fear to overcome it' list.
For some reason bad sub-tropical thunderstorms still make me feel panic and I just need to toughen up and have my rational plan of action. Maybe I should go out ON PURPOSE in a thunderstorm just to get over the fear. Anyone want to come and observe me turning white? Let me know if you are sailing off s Florida or even the Cheasapeake in the July/August and we can go out a bit in a storm. I'll buy the milk or beer or whatever you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook