SailNet Community - View Single Post - Drinking water tank water.
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013

pyewackette is on a distinguished road
Re: Drinking water tank water.

I do believe my water tanks are clean enough to drink from, even after being over 30 years old, but because I don't do it, it leaves me to neglect 'purifying' them every time, and just fill them for showers and washing dishes.

However, I am getting tired of running to the store to by another 24 pack of water of which I already have so I just don't run out. And to make matters worse, I usually by the cheap stuff and that in itself is starting to raise issues. Most of the bottle water I am getting nowdays taste funnier than the tap water in most cases.

So, I think what I am going to do is install a new 3 to 5 gallon tank near the sink. With its on hand pump spigot and fill port leading up to the counter at the sink. Also, a drain port. Then, I can fill it with tap water if it is available, or bottled water if I have it. That way I can focus on gallon jugs instead of those little bottles if the marina water is not good.

I think I am going to start relying on the systems of my boat to do their job, which they should be able to do if I take care of them.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook