Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Re: Viewing a Bristol 32 tonight... Questions
For you first inspection, additional to information above, and before you get a surveyor:
- Look inside lockers for signs of water leaks.
- Check hull to deck joint and if you see bolts they should not be rusted, otherwise you are looking at an expensive repair.
- As you walk on deck pay attention to how solid it is or isnít.
- Donít pay attention to electronics.
- Check the sails - are they soft, can you poke your finger thru it? Or are they hard and heavy.
- Ask how old the rigging is.
- Check the rudder and the shaft for play Ė there should be none.
Now if still interested get the survey, you will want to negotiate the expenses for any repair from the asking price