SailNet Community - View Single Post - What tools do you bring in your sailboats?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013
Learning a bit every day

FinallySailing is on a distinguished road
Re: What tools do you bring in your sailboats?

That's my toolbox.

It fits in the lazarette but in general has everything that I may need for tinkering and to keep things running: I keep no other spares anywhere else and only need to take the house tools with me when I install new things.

It's three single boxes that clip together.

The top has my general tools:

Pliers, bolt cutter to cut through rigging in an emergency (hopefully will never happen), a hacksaw, a set of ratchet spanners, a compact ratchet screwdriver with a selection of bits in its handle, a longer slotted screwdriver, measuring tape, bit holder, 2 component adhesive, Lock'n seal, pencil, spare strainer for my manual bilge pump, hose connectors, different tapes (duct, vinyl etc), a facemask, vinyl gloves. There is also my set of tools that came with my outboard.

The next box contains:

A small vice (a super pair of extra hands basically), bits of string, my collection of stainless screws, bolts, nuts and washers, shackles and hoseclips and a spare zinc for the outboard.

The third box contains mainly electrics related stuff:

Insulation tape, self amalgamating tape, connector blocks, choc boxes, phase tester, fuses, spare bulbs, a small multimeter, crimps and a crimping tool, marine wire, spare 12V car plug and marine plug/socket, cable glands, cable ties, a small propane fuelled soldering iron and a can of propane, solder, cable glands.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook