SailNet Community - View Single Post - coconuts
Thread: coconuts
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013
Banned

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road
Re: coconuts

Coconut meat starts with the consistency of mashed potatoes, but super sweet , a great pudding. It gradually hardens as it matures. The water also starts out super sweet. As they are so plentiful that they make a good food source underway. Tongans say pigs dont get so fat, if you dont feed them coconuts.
I had a problem with the skin on my feet getting hard and cracking, while cruising the summers in BC. I sailed to the South pacific and had no problem down there. When I came back to BC, the problem returned. So I sailed south again and again it disappeared, only to reapear when I got back. Then, while sitting in the cockpit with a friend, she looked at my cracked feet and said "You need some coconut oil in your diet."
I started cooking with it, and the problem disappeared. She was looking after a wheelchair and bed bound person who had problems with bed sores. A teaspoon of coconut oil in his cooking, and the problem disappeared, never to return, as long as he keeps taking the coconut oil.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook