SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013

skaterp14 is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Time to bring this one back to life. It has been about a year since I posted (page 6). I started sailing about a year and a half ago and fell in love with it the first time I filled the main. I was raised on the water and have always had a passion for the water, but no one in my family has ever sailed and when I told them I wanted a sailboat they said " What do you want a blow boat for?!?!??". So just to try I bought a $1500 mac 22 and trailered it back to my house. I bought a sailing book, started to read a lot of sailing forums, raised the mast in my yard, hoisted the sails, took a swig of captn and said "DAMN I can do this". That was in January. Since then the boat made it to the water and I have been sailing it ever since. The future wife and me have taken quite a few trips on it now and love it, you would be surprised at how much stuff I can cram in that boat. Soon we plan to buy a bigger boat though. Somewhere around the 30ish foot that most people would say You want that piece of junk?????? HELL YEAH! Cant you see the potential???? I am 26 years old now and CAN NOT WAIT TO GET OFF LAND!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to skaterp14 For This Useful Post:
Razcar (06-18-2013)