SailNet Community - View Single Post - Has anyone on here raised a sunken sailboat?....I have...
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007
'72 Pearson 36

SVDistantStar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SVDistantStar
The comment about back taxes is on a 1974 Hunter 25' that ive already done all the needed paperwork on with SCDNR. Its got $110 worth of back taxes that ive got to pay to get the title. Ive been messing with the hunter since August, long before the Columbia came around. That has nothing to do with the Columbia.

As for the Columbia, as soon as i see proof that its Starwinds boat we'll work a deal from there. I really didnt put too much effort into salvaging it. It only took about a weekend to raise it. The reason i rasied it was i like older boats, and it sucked to see it sunk there. Ive got 3 nephews that want to learn to sail, and the columiba looked as if it could be sailing again in a few months, whereas ive got a long haulout on the hunter to do since it has no rudder.

I dont want to get into some legal battle or a long war with someone over this boat. The way i see it, i could stand to gain a friend with the ower of the columbia.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook