SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marine LCD TV
Thread: Marine LCD TV
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Marine LCD TV

I can only offer this advice. I prefer a TV that has the standard four hole flush mount directly on the back of the TV, so that it can be mounted flush to a bulkhead. Some have attachments which have the four hole pattern and, therefore, stand off the wall. They get in the way and are less secure when underway, in my experience. View angles have improved dramatically, so adjusting angle should not be terribly necessary.

Many TVs are capable of running directly on 12v, but have the "brick" in the line that converts 110v AC to 12v DC. If you find one, you can connect it directly to your 12v system. However, this data is rarely published and you actually need to read the brick itself. Further, many seem to be moving toward 19v, which is more common for laptops, I'm told.

If you find a model that is both 12v and flush, please let me know. I hate our TV!

We only use our TV to show a movie from time to time, which is best done off an Ipad or Iphone having been downloaded and rented through iTunes. Streaming Netflix, etc, is a PITA. YMMV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook