SailNet Community - View Single Post - Apparently I'm not meant to have a boat...
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Apparently I'm not meant to have a boat...

Dave,

It's true that there is no set formula for everyone, My advice was targeted at people who have never owned a boat before. It is definitely not targeted at someone like you who has sailed for over 40 years.

I will dare to speculate that the vast majority of newbs who come up here dreaming of crossing the ocean in a $5000 boat - the very type of people that get ridiculed here for their naivete - would do well to follow my advice. While there are exceptions to every rule, the overwhelming majority of these people will never cross oceans, and are far more likely to buy a project boat that never becomes seaworthy before they run out of time, money, and energy. A smaller, simpler boat that gets them some initial experience would be much better for the vast majority of them. It's a much better fate than the predicament that this guy finds himself in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook