SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Mariner 28 Owner
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013

Location: Central New Jersey, sailing on the Navesink River and Sandy Hook Bay mostly.
lillia28 is on a distinguished road
Re: New Mariner 28 Owner

Rich,
I do not have any decent pics of my cabin interior. I was redoing it, but didn't take any before pictures. Check on Yacht world or sailing texas. There are some "For Sale" pics that are decent. The headliner was a vinyl sheet held in place by teak or mahoghany battens. The material was sort of cream with a dark grey swirlly smoke pattern. It always looked to me like the mildew had gotten to the vinyl, but no that was the pattern. Drop me an email
lwi2858 (at) gmail. I may have a swatch of the vinyl, but I wouldn't advise trying to match it. You should check in at MYOG. There are a few folks who just got boats, and may be willing to take pictures. Also If you need lenses (most do) for the P & B stainless nav lights, I can get you a contact. My cabin had a teak and holley sole, and mahoghany panalling everywhere else. The windows had leaked and destroyed the mahoghany around the cabin trunk, and the sole had rotted;got the sole up and was planning on Lonseal for the replacement. My cabin was kind of dark due to the mahoghany, I was planning ultra suade for the cabin trunk around the windows. You can do all kinds of stuff with cork flooring, a light color with teak or mahoghany (depending on how they finished your cabin) battens could look nice, easy replacement and practicle, as its a noise insulation. "Traditional" is a funny thing. Teak was originally used because it was CHEAP. Real yachtsmen used cherry or walnut! The "herreschoff" look, with mostly white panels and dark trim is very practical, as it "lightens" the cabin, and looks nice. Look at a lot of boats, traditional gives you a lot of latitude!
lou
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook