SailNet Community - View Single Post - Purchasing a Charter Catamaran from the Moorings
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013

MokaKat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to MokaKat
Re: Purchasing a Charter Catamaran from the Moorings

Well, I am back from my Bahama boat buying trip, without a boat . We had a signed offer and acceptance on a 2008 Lagoon 380, which was a very nice boat. The reason that we passed was for three reasons. 1). the headroom on the bimini was too short, as I constantly hit my head on the edge while moving in and out of the cockpit (I'm 6'2"). The boom clearance wasn't high enough to allow raising the bimini, so I would have to live with it as it was. It was possible to install a hardtop, but the costs were high. 2). I would have had to add a separate freezer, as the freezer section was only large enough for a couple of ice trays. 3). Kitchen cabinets and counter top was made of a thin laminate, which was peeling off the doors. The sailing of the Lagoon was very nice, as we spent a couple of hours in the Sea of Abaco. I then looked at a Leopard 40, which I really liked. It was higher in price, but had plenty of headroom and a seperate freezer. I also liked the layout and construction of the kitchen. Unfortuately, I was out bid on the boat, so I am still looking for a catamaran. At least the trip wasn't wasted, as I know which boat I like the best. Now we are searching for a Leopard 40.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook