SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need Help Outfitting for Cruising. :)
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: Need Help Outfitting for Cruising. :)

One thing that will always be true, you will find something was forgotten that was a no brainer when considered in hindsight. The best way to avoid that being a huge issue is to start with a sort of shakedown cruise that lasts long enough to help figure out the issues, and does not take you too far from places the issues can be dealt with in a reasonably inexpensive way.

Also, you may want to check out http://www.noonsite.com for information regarding the clearance procedures, and so forth, they list by country and have great information. You probably already know this, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case.

I am currently stuck on land, between boats, working in the west Texas oilfields and missing the ocean more than you can imagine, so while I am here I enjoy at least being halfway able to be involved in sailing, by posting and talking with others. I have learned a bit over the years, but I am not a super sailor, probably will never be, because I make to many stupid human mistakes LOL.

Mark