SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need Help Outfitting for Cruising. :)
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 06-19-2013
mark2gmtrans
sailing soon

Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: Need Help Outfitting for Cruising. :)

One thing that will always be true, you will find something was forgotten that was a no brainer when considered in hindsight. The best way to avoid that being a huge issue is to start with a sort of shakedown cruise that lasts long enough to help figure out the issues, and does not take you too far from places the issues can be dealt with in a reasonably inexpensive way.

Also, you may want to check out http://www.noonsite.com for information regarding the clearance procedures, and so forth, they list by country and have great information. You probably already know this, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case.

I am currently stuck on land, between boats, working in the west Texas oilfields and missing the ocean more than you can imagine, so while I am here I enjoy at least being halfway able to be involved in sailing, by posting and talking with others. I have learned a bit over the years, but I am not a super sailor, probably will never be, because I make to many stupid human mistakes LOL.

Mark

It is good to learn from your mistakes, but much better to learn from the mistakes of others...
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome