SailNet Community - View Single Post - Male crew wanted: Must be buff!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013

shadowraiths is on a distinguished road
Male crew wanted: Must be buff!

I wanna sail my rig. I have come to the conclusion that she needs some help. She is somewhat new to this... doesn't know how to dock worth a hill of beans. And her non-sail power is a little 8HP four stroke mercury that's a pain in the butt to lower bc it doesn't really fit in the transom cutout very well.

She has a great sense of humor however. For example, when you push the tiller port-side, she heads starboard. She seems to have two main sails and one jib. Who woulda thunk?

She has a ton of stuff that must be packed away before heading out and she's a tad shy, so no going out the gate or blue water sailing for her for now. In fact, she would prefer to stay in the estuary for starters. See how things go. Preferably during the week bc the estuary tends to be empty... which gives her plenty of room to spread her sails. Or... just chillax, anchor out for a BBQ and enjoy the sun.

Be warned however, she is in dire need of a haul out but that prolly won't happen until the winter. In the meantime, she has regularly scheduled bottom cleaning.

Since she already has a woman's touch (moi), am thinking she could use a man's touch. You know the sort. Buff sailor types that don't reek of alcohol. That is, no drunken sailors so early in the mornin. Granted, she's an older model rig. One might argue that she is even an antique. Though, once you get her out on open water it's hard to tell bc she sails like a charm and has even been known to surprise some of the manliest men.

That being said...

Just kidding!!!1! Couldn't resist! lol
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook