SailNet Community - View Single Post - Initial Offer Question
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Initial Offer Question

I'd agree with most posts so far. I will point out that it is still a crappy market for selling a used luxury item like a boat though. In my opinion a seller ought to be happy getting 70% of their asking price in this market.

I think that davidpm makes a good point in that it can help you a lot if you have some idea of the seller's motivation. In my case our PO had already bought a bigger boat and was motivated to sell his old gal as he was paying 2 yard bills concurrently. From an asking price around $7K my minions negotiated a final price of $4K.

Hopefully the higher asking price of this Sabre 34' reflects that it is in better condition and not the idea that the owner feels that their precious baby is worth more than what a Sabre 34' is really worth.

If many recent upgrades and new stuff (sails, running/standing rigging, engine, radar, fridge etc.) then that could also explain the higher asking price.

Good luck Julie.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to CalebD For This Useful Post:
JulieMor (06-21-2013)