SailNet Community - View Single Post - Initial Offer Question
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
Re: Initial Offer Question

Do your home work Offer 10% less than you will be prepared to pay, this gives you some wriggle room. GOOD boats priced right don't last and you can well lose a good boat. I have seen stupid offers made on good boats and the original prospective comes back a Month later expecting to put in a decent offer only to be told "Sorry under contract". Sellers are starting to realize that asking too much for their boat actually poisons it. as every couple of months they have to drop the price to what they should have originally listed it for. The buyers that have been watching this over priced vessel have either bought the better priced boat or waiting for this one to hit rock bottom. Pay a reasonable price that makes you and the seller happy, there have been some great friendships made that cover oceans.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to SimonV For This Useful Post:
JulieMor (06-21-2013)