SailNet Community - View Single Post - Apparently I'm not meant to have a boat...
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Apparently I'm not meant to have a boat...

"My biggest gripe, other than the cost!, is with how long this has taken. Had I known 2 months ago that I'd be waiting this long, I might actually have tried to do some of the repairs myself, but that may have hurt me in any discussions with the insurance company."

For you and your family Jim. You are still coming out ahead and WITH a NICE boat!

I've come to love the sound of the little engine chugging away below my feet LOL It's only 16hp but the sound when the access doors are off, sounds like a big ole mack truck to my ears! LOL There are 4 or 5 Catalina 30s in my club and the engines in those are the 3 cylinder universals. In the 6 or 7 years I've been there None have had engine failures. And these guys use them too! It's a 100 miles to the bay and back and they do it every year. Motoring 12 - 15 hrs a trip is not uncommon. Heck just around home on the river I can putt putt 3 hrs without realizing it.

My boat is for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook