Our original plan hit a bit of a snag. It turns out the keel/bilge area was not as wide on the bottom of the aft section as I thought (this was not apparent until the sole was cut and the old tank removed). The poly tank we intended to use will not fit in the space available.
I have located a nice 20gl tank that will fit in the space- and it's now part of our Plan B
. I am hoping to get some feedback on this from the wise Sailnet community.
While the tank will fit in the space- it is not designed to fit "in" the space. Mounting, weight distribution, etc- are somewhat of a concern- although I think in the bigger scheme of things perhaps not a major concern as long as it's mounted "correctly". (We would be having the local marina do this).
We would like to get the boat in the water sooner rather than later- and I can get the replacement tank installed probably within a week- versus more like 5-7 weeks to wait for and have the fabricated tank installed... Having said that, we do want to do it right... just don't know if our "Plan B" is wrong...
Please take a look and let me know what you think. Plan B, or Plan C?