SailNet Community - View Single Post - SMCM Governor's Cup
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Re: SMCM Governor's Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
Well that sucks. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

I dunno, don't you think even the fast skippers will want to keep tabs on each other? Plus, there's the ego factor of having your friends and family watch you pull out in front.

Even though my crew and I "suck out loud", I'll be advertising my failure for all to see.
There is one boat in particular that I really would like to know where is going. The skipper has forgotten more about sailing than I'll ever know and he's old school. I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing him on the tracker even if I spring for the App. The two times I've done this race on my boat, he's kicked his fleets ass, once going west and once going east. My analysis had me do exactly the opposite both years. I either need to follow him, or figure out what I think is the best course of action and do the opposite. lol

There are a couple of other boats in Crusing class and NS class it would be nice to keep tabs on and some of them may bother with the tracker, but I sure liked it better when it was universal -- and they didn't take it down for the most critical period, like last year.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook