Re: Tohatsu help
Taking nominations for best easy fix.
I am a little frustrated right now, as this motor thing has turned into a saga. This Tohatsu ran like a charm, and it was on the boat just while the Yamaha was getting fixed. To sum u my recent challenges:
• Season 1- Bought boat with Yamaha. Ran a little rough.
• Season 2- Brought motor to shop, carb clean, ran great.
• Boat sat for a couple weeks, would not start at all.
• Brought carb to second shop. They cleaned the carb. Re-installed carb on last day of season to pull boat. Started and ran beautifully, but spit gas out of the bottom.
• Left carb at shop on my way home for the season. They replaced the accelerator pump diaphragm, which was leaking.
• Season 3- picked up carb, re-installed. Motor started and ran beautifully, but spit gas out the bottom of carb.
• Shop is reputable, but 1.5 hrs from house. 2 round trips = 6 hours driving time. Opted to have fixed locally.
• Re-installed carb. Motor ran perfect. Tested in a barrel, ran well at all speeds. Repeatedly.
• Went to launch boat, blew a brake line in truck.. Very lucky I did not launch the truck. Or crash on the highway.
• Returned a few days later when marina said they could launch me, as my truck is not fixed. Marina was too busy to launch me.
• Returned a few days later to sail. Motor does not work at all.
• Took Tohatsu, which had been fogged and stored properly, then tested multiple times at home. Transported it properly to marina, and enlisted their help to swap, as boat is on a mooring, and I have no truck yet. Tohatsu runs as described in my first post.