SailNet Community - View Single Post - My $4,500 US B-2 Visa Saga - a cautionary tale
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: My $4,500 US B-2 Visa Saga - a cautionary tale

You failed to plan ahead. You bought non-refundable tickets not knowing if they could be used. You perhaps missed the news while you were abroad, in 2001 the US was conquered by Al-Qaeda and all the travel and entry laws were changed.

Sounds like sour groups after naivete. The US does not "owe" entry to Slovakians or much of the rest of the world. And the US is not alone in that policy. Despite what you found in the Carib, there are many places in the world where arriving without the proper advance papers, and without the proper proof of paid departure ticket, will result in your being turned back or jailed. The US is not alone in this policy.

The 1950's have been gone for a long time. As you yourself said " Andy could have applied for an ESTA, flown to Miami for about $150 and stayed in a hotel while I brought Reboot back to the United States."

Join the Revolution. Remind Congress that the DHS commits domestic terrorism every day and hold them responsible for it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook