View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: Initial Offer Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
" I once bought a new Nissan Titan 4x4 four door pickup for $27,000.00 less than what the dealer was asking."
Considering that even today the Titan LISTS for $30-40,000 and the dealers don't get anything near a 200% markup...maybe you'd like to rephrase that statement? You didn't buy a truck for 75% off the sticker price, unless you were holding a gun to someone's head, or some equally unusual circumstance.
2005 Nissan Titan four door 4x4 listed with all options at Family Nissan in Laredo, TX stickered new at the time at $53,000.00 it was loaded with a lot of options, including a custom bedliner, installed roll bars in the bed, a sliding bed extender, leather interior, navigation, and a lot more. If you think I would bother inflating the price, or lying about it that is just silly. I spent the time to negotiate with them, and I got it for just a little over what it cost them. I was in the business of buying and selling semi-trucks and heavy equipment and transporting them and had bought some other vehicles from them as well. You are quoting the lowest possible price on a two door, two wheel drive, with a short bed and no options. Price one out at your local Nissan dealer loaded like that, you will find it to be more expensive than your $40,000.00 price tag.

Anyways, you really need to look at the margins on new vehicles, they are usually stickered at something about 200 to 225% of what the vehicle costs the dealer when you throw in the manufacturer to dealer volume discounts, some dealers sticker low, some do not. The sticker is not the price anyone pays if they have 25% of a brain.