SailNet Community - View Single Post - Coskpit floor leak on 86 PSC 37
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013

granche1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Coskpit floor leak on 86 PSC 37

Thank you Chuck for your response. I think that the 2 piece floor was instigated at some point after the year that my boat was built. Mine lacks the telltale bowed rear seats that from what I have read, were part of the whole tiller arrangement. Regardless, I have heard that the 2 piece floors have some sort of gasket sealing them. Is this the same on the one piece floor? What gasket is this and where do you get it? Thumper says that he has never seen a boat of my vintage and therefore recommended sealing it with 4200 or something which to me seems like it would work, but would make future removal of the floor impossible. So in your experience, is there a gasket that seals the whole single cockpit floor? I really do not want to screw around with my pedestal. As much as I love knowing the in's and outs of my boat, I can think of several other multi day projects that I should tackle. I would love to have a two piece floor so that I can get better access to the engine. How would you go about fabricating this from the single piece that I already have? Mind you that I am in Costa Rica and have a limited amount of time before I set sail for points more remote and even harder to get parts shipped to.

I seriously appreciate the help. I am putting off dealing with this until I can wrap my head around it a little better.

Grant

s/v Viandante
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook