Rebuilt my rudder.
Rockhopper's original rudder had quite a few prop nibbles ever since I bought her. Initially, I only intended to fill those. Last winter I decided to extend the leading edge but also the total length of the rudder. A big problem with the original rudder design is, that it causes significant weather helm. There are replacements available for $400 + shipping to the UK. I followed the suggestions that I found in other forums regarding the ideal size and extended the leading edge by 2.5 inches and the length by 4. I've cut the leading edge off next to the central hard wood core and also cut through the bottom of the rudder. I then extended length and width by bolting wood pieces in between. This was followed by spending many cold evenings in the attic, fiberglassing, sanding, filling, further glassing etc until I had the right finish. It didn't cost much in material, probably just under £40 + £15 in sanding sheets. I made bushes for the rudder uphaul and downhaul out of pipe inserts (30 pence each). Here is a picture of it antifouled and ready to be put back onto our boat. It is suspended it from the ceiling for painting so that I could do both sides in one go.