SailNet Community - View Single Post - Initial Offer Question
View Single Post
post #64 of Old 06-22-2013 Thread Starter
JulieMor

Re: Initial Offer Question

To be clear, nothing I've said here was intended to convey I'm looking for reasons not to buy a boat. As questions arise from members, I answer them. There was never any intention of looking to find reasons not to buy.

This is the first time I am actually beginning the process of finding a boat to buy because it's the first time I've been financially able to do it. Thus my initial question about making an offer. I would never have asked that question if I wasn't serious about buying a boat AND have the ability to do so.

Nothing in the world gives me the feeling I get when sailing. If you don't know the feeling, I can't explain it. I can only say it makes me feel alive and always has, since my first sail 42 years ago. Maybe it's in the blood.

Before I began this thread I was clueless how much asking price vs. selling price vs. lender valuation can vary. It's all over the place. And unless you're a broker, having the knowledge and skills to determine the actual value of a boat just by looking at is rare. But I now have some tools and knowledge to walk into this with.

I thank you all who have helped me get to where I am now, for this part of the boat buying process. I feel I at least have enough information to help me bring a reasonable offer to the table. I'm hoping we can agree on a boat to buy this season. If it was just me, it would be easy. But when there's two in the decision making process...
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome