SailNet Community - View Single Post - Initial Offer Question
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Initial Offer Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
I should have followed that up with, "Yes, we are willing to commit to the cost so long as it fits within the budget." Buying a dream boat that will strain the finances? No. I won't do that. Making compromises so the costs don't exceed the budget? Absolutely.
Good enough for me! Good luck finding the right boat.

Your other post on needing two of you to agree made me think of a couple we know. This is not intended to apply to you (unless you say it does).

She has been a sailor her entire life. Her new 'significant other' (as boyfriend sounds odd in your 50s), has been a powerboater his entire life. She really wants to get a sailboat (she sold hers after a divorce several years ago) and for him to want one too. We took them away for a weekend earlier this month, with her hoping he would fall in love with sailing.

Now he's a nice guy, but it didn't take much to know it just ain't going to happen. He played along and was good company, but the sailing does nothing for him. I fear, if she doesn't let up, this could become a problem.

In any event, it does take two to tango, whatever your set of circumstances may be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook