SailNet Community - View Single Post - Accused sailboat thief hung around marina for days before stealing boat
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Accused sailboat thief hung around marina for days before stealing boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
My boat partner called on Sunday night and asked how my sail was that day. I told him that I had not been out sailing. He said that he had gone down to the boat to get away from his inlaws and that the boat was gone. Surprise! It turned out that a "friend" now a very well known yacht designer of fast boats, had "borrowed" the boat for a sail without asking. Monday morning, he was working for me, I asked him about it as he had borrowed the boat on another occasion with our permission. He admitted to taking it and I let him know calmly that this was not cool. 30 minutes later my partner's wife came in the door and ripped the guy a new one in a very loud and shrill voice. Justice served. I never quite looked at that guy the same way after that.
Somehow the words "you're fired" would seem appropriate. You "boat pros" must be a laid-back lot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook