SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013

outbound is on a distinguished road
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Gonna say something sexist so Donna is gonna bite my head off (and she's right so I hope she knows this is in fun). Boats are like the ladies- all are beautiful- none do everything well.
Seriously love boats- have had great fun on production chlorox bottles and a lousy time on one offs + Swans. Folks are endlessly inventive. Love poking around yards and seeing what folks have made or modified.
Yes there are boats in any material I prefer and some I don't . Yes there are designers I prefer. Yes it breaks my heart to see folks spend their hard earned money on a poorly constructed craft.
When looking around for the "last" boat a couple years ago with a friend took him on a V50. When he heard the cost he said "Don't know why you would ever spend that kind of money. It's so small inside compared to my brother's B.....50". That night had dinner with him and his brother. His brother said "V50... great boat.....will hold together doing what you're doing". Now his boat is beautifully executed for the way he uses it. It's a fine craft and my friend's brother is knowledgeable. Smearing production boats is just silly.

Last edited by outbound; 06-22-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook