SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Pogo 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano;1046784...
Structures is spending your money on the fundamentals, not on the creature comforts - if you want luxury and comfort at that price point, you have to sacrifice build quality. That's not how they operate and it's why so many people have a high regard for their work.
Regarding money let me point out that Pogo is the only shipyard of this dimension that does not have any dealers. You buy direct and save about 25% on the dealer's cut. They have confidence in their excellent built quality and make arrangements with the best local shipyards (regarding the place the boat is sold) if something is needed.

I never have been inside a Pogo. They go to boatshows but only with scale models and boat plans to keep it less expensive. Only on the in the water shows when a local client don't mind to have his boat on the show they indulge in showing the boats. Otherwise you have to go to the factory and get a test sail arranged with a client boat. Their interior is not their main argument so a boat show is not very important. Sailing the boat is what sells the boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano;1046784...

I have to say that €130K / $170K for a 30-foot performance cruiser with swing keel, carbon rig, sails, and electronics, with race calibre fit-and-finish, strikes me as a pretty attractive package. We're not far from a new Beneteau First 30 (though enough of them are starting to show up on the used market at under €115K / $150K to make that boat a bit more attractive). But nobody will ever confuse the build quality of a Pogo 30 with a First 30, with all due respect to Beneteau, who build solid, high-performance boats, as race results show.

If Paulo hadn't teased me with the new RM 890 recently announced, it would just be a choice between the Pogo 30 and the Malango 888 or 999. Now I'm going to have to think...
If you are going to sail alone I would say you will want a Pogo. If you are going to cruise extensively with your wife, maybe the RM makes more sense.

If we were talking about the Pogo 10.50, the space/comfort and tankage would be more than enough (I guess) for you and your wife in what regards cruising. Regarding a Pogo 30 I have doubts and blindly I would say that probably the little RM offers a lot more in what regards cruising, comfort and Storage than the Pogo with a less bright sailing performance.

That's easy to decide: if the Pogo is enough in what regards cruising, that's your boat, but take your wife with you to see both boats unless you want to send up sailing and cruising alone. I am assuming that by your profile you would like to cruise extensively and not be limited to a week's long cruising.

Anyway, that's your and your wife´s call

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook