Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deale, MD
Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
Rep Power: 7
Re: Do you wear a life jacket?
Kayak, but generally only whitewater (always) or cold water. On warm flat water the kayak isn't going anywhere, I can reboard, and the jacket is in easy reach. Not hard to put on the in the water. These skills must, of course, be practiced.
Tender if out of the harbor. It could leave me if I forgot the dead man switch.
* rough weather
* chute up in moderate weather
* going forward in moderate weather
* cold water
* Hot in summer. Harness is more comfortable.
* Harness is more comfortable all of the time.
* Harness much better for the above for conditions.
(when asked how he reached the starting holds on a difficult rock climbing problem that clearly favored taller climbers - he was perhaps 5'5")
"Well, I just climb up to them."
by Joe Brown, English rock climber
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.