Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deale, MD
Thanked 90 Times in 89 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Re: Do you wear a life jacket?
Kayak, but generally only whitewater (always) or cold water. On warm flat water the kayak isn't going anywhere, I can reboard, and the jacket is in easy reach. Not hard to put on the in the water. These skills must, of course, be practiced.
Tender if out of the harbor. It could leave me if I forgot the dead man switch.
* rough weather
* chute up in moderate weather
* going forward in moderate weather
* cold water
* Hot in summer. Harness is more comfortable.
* Harness is more comfortable all of the time.
* Harness much better for the above for conditions.
Writing full-time since 2014
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Keeping a Cruising Boat for Peanuts"
"Faster Cruising for the Coastal Sailor"
"Singlehanded Sailing for the Coastal Sailor"