SailNet Community - View Single Post - Largest Semi-Trailerable Sailboat ???
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013
Daniel - Norsea 27

Rhapsody-NS27 is on a distinguished road
Re: Largest Semi-Trailerable Sailboat ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer View Post
I checked out your site and read some reviews. Looks like a super sweet sailboat! No wonder you are happy with it. I've never seen one, but will keep an eye out.

From bending sheet metal on a brake, I know that each bend adds a lot of rigidity. I imagine that "clinker built" shape makes for a very rigid hull!
They definitely have a good following with many happy owners. Many think it's a wooden boat because of the lapstrake shaped hull but it's all fiberglass and it adds to its beauty, with lots of wood inside it. It's built to go anywhere. 4 of them have circumnavigated and others tend to travel often.

Seeing you are in Maine, I saw this one for sale that's closest to you.
1976 Nor'Sea Sailboat
The asking price seems high to me but that's just from the limited info shown.

They are usually sold between people through the Yahoo owners group. If you were interested in getting one, join the group and post a message of your interest. Never know what comes up. Just know, even for the age, they tend to sell higher than other boats of the same vintage.

Good Luck!

Quote:
“When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.” — Dr. Samuel Johnson
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook