SailNet Community - View Single Post - Largest Semi-Trailerable Sailboat ???
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013

dem45133 is on a distinguished road
Re: Largest Semi-Trailerable Sailboat ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer View Post
I agree with the "float on" pivot problem. My experience when floating on is that I crank the boat tight to the forward stops, but when I pull ahead and the boat settles onto the trailer it rotates (pivots) on the keel as the trailer rises to meet it, and ends up with the bow several inches back from the bow block. Then I have to winch it forward again.
Hope you can leave more than 1/4 inch play aft for the keel, to allow for the trailer on the tilted ramp rising up to meet the boat floating level. I suppose it's a bigger problem with steeper ramps, but it's easier to float off on a steep ramp so I prefer them.
the through has a good 14" inches it can run fore and aft in... but it has to be very close to proper location for the weight balance (tongue weight). At the moment is not rollered... just pads. I have some ideas on locking pivots, one on each side to guide the boat fore and aft as it pivots... more weight though.

Last edited by dem45133; 06-23-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook