SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road
Re: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
From the house of Comet I can offer an world exclusive, the first photos on the net of the new Comet 41s, the upgraded version of my boat, that will be presented in some moths in Genova boat show.

The same hull and cabin, the same interior, two wheel set up, a nicer extension for the geennaker as well as a torpedo keel (that saves some weight to the boat) are the main differences.

The boat was tied along our own so you can see the differences:

Two versions of a very nice yacht indeed, Paulo.

Twin wheels are getting very popular and now you see them even on much smaller boats. The advantage is of course more easy circulation to the aftermost part of the cockpit and access to the sea, but here they have sacrified a lot of length on the main traveller, something I consider a very important piece of gear on a performance yacht such as this. Another drawback is the very significant loss of rudder feeling at the helm because of the double mechanism.

And from a purely esthetical point of view, I much prefer the slim bowsprit than this massive bow extension.

(I suppose the teak is an option , one I would not take even for free. Because of the difficulty to obtain wood of good -slow breed- quality, the better antislip performance of modern decks and paints, the significant extra weight.)

So I think this new Comet 41S will only make yours more valuable, Paulo !
Enjoy your cruise and come back to us with lots of wonderful new experiences .

Best regards,

Eric

Last edited by EricKLYC; 06-23-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook