SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Honda 2.3 outboard not running
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013

CaribDream is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@hm:1048738
Sure sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Today's "modern" ethanol fuels can wreak havoc in small gas engines with carburetors that aren't used every day, and slime/gunk can form quickly, especially in warm weather. Sometimes, a good fuel system clean can solve it. In the worst case, a complete cleaning of the fuel system / carburetor is required. Typically, poor running due to a fuel deterioration issue is not considered a factory defect so isn't covered under warranty. A Honda dealer can still repair it, but at your expense. If you want to DIY, it is not too difficult; a few hand tools, and take your time. Here are a couple of pages from the shop manual; use a good quality carb cleaner a lots of compressed air to clean all the passages...

-Robert@Honda
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.
This engine is only about a month old. Oldest gas would be 2 weeks and all I run is super 93 octane. I could understand if I had fuel that was a month or more old - but that's not the case. If Honda wants to charge me on this, I'll be moving to another brand plain and simple.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook