SailNet Community - View Single Post - This stuff drives me nuts....
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
This stuff drives me nuts....

Anyone that knows me knows that I am less partial towards IOR era boats than IMS era boats, but even for me there were some pretty neat boats designed and built in the IOR era. One of my favorite from this time was the Farr 1104, which was a decent sailing boat all around, and were a little more forgiving than some boats from that era.

So this drives me crazy. http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=75499&url=

This boat has been on the market for at least a year. When it first went on the market, the pictures looked great. I had referred this boat to someone who asked me about an inexpensive performance cruiser and was looking for a boat in NZ. He looked at the boat and I seem to recall he thought she looked pretty nice but saw something else he preferred.

But now a whole raft of additional pictures have been added. The boat has been allowed to sit and is a total mess. Its hard to tell from the photos whether this is only a soap and water restoration, or something more serious, but it is a shame since this used to be a nice looking boat....

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook