SailNet Community - View Single Post - Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013
Junior Senior

heinzir is on a distinguished road
Re: Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!

Might help a little but I chose to glue the finished noodles directly to the dinghy gunwales top and bottom.

From El Toro and Mirror Dinghies

The colored blocks are giant Legos used as spacers to keep the edges of the slip apart so they don't accidentally get glued together.

The black bottom is epoxy mixed with graphite powder to make it slide down my homemade plywood ramp more easily. The heavy rains the last few weeks have caused the lake to be abnormally high, so the shoreline doesn't really show in the pictures. I usually have to cross about 10' of rip rap to get the boat in the water. I slide it over three 2' x 3' plywood panels that are hinged together with zip ties so they fold up for storage against the fence.

This is not my property by the way. It is an empty lot owned by the city and designated "commons." They license about 15 docks and my one mooring buoy for this location, for a nominal fee, of course. I live about a block and a half away and keep my dinghy up against the fence.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook